October 01, 2006

Classroom Volunteers Workshop

I offered a 1 1/2 hour workshop for parents who wish to volunteer in the classroom. Some grades made this a mandatory workshop while it was optional for others. I held mutliple day time and eveneing sessions giving parents ample opportunities to come and allowing for smaller numbers in attendence which opened for more intimate conversations. You can download the outline for the entire session as well as the handout which focuses on the differences between praise and encouragement and other empowering communication tools.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Thank you for sharing the class outline and handout, Ashley. You are very generous. These will be very helpful to me and I'd like to share these with my colleagues who work in the schools, and with parents I work with.

I'm really enjoying your site here!